Friday, November 14, 2014

Everyday Fall Makeup



Once the fall and winter times come along, my makeup changes. I go for a more flawless look and since I won't be sweating on a day to day basis, I can get away with wearing more makeup.


Lately I've been using my Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 115, with my beauty blender, on top of the Benefit The Porefessional Primer, which allows my pores to stay hidden. It stays on for the whole school day needing just a little powder touch up in my T-zone after school before I head off to work. The foundation gives me a medium coverage. It gives my skin a naturally flawless look. Then to cover my dark under eyes I use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in vanilla. This covers my dark circles really well and doesn't get too dry under my eyes like the MAC Pro Long-Wear Concealer. To define my cheek bones a bit, and warm up my face I like to use the Benefit Hula Bronzer. I have a sample of it and it has lasted me a good 5 months so far. I also like to use this bronzer in the crease of my eye lid creating a more natural looking shadow in my crease. Then for a little pop of color on my cheeks I use the NARS Blush in Amour. It's a matte blush but such a natural flushed peachy pink color lightly brushed on the cheeks.


 
Now onto eyes. Lately I've been loving a nice rusty orange/red/brown eyeshadow. Sunset by Stila in the "In the Light Palette" is just that. It is the same color as Antiqued by MAC. It's an antiqued rusty bronze color. I love how it brings out the brown in my eyes and it's great all of the lid for a kind of smokey eye look. About 50% of the time I will use eyeliner but lately I've been skipping that step just so I don't look too over done for my liking. So today I skipped it, but if I were to use it, I would use the Benefit Push-up Liner and wing it out. Next step, mascara, with my Le Volume De Chanel Mascara. I can't even tell you how much I love this mascara! It is seriously the most volumizing mascara I have ever used. When I was at the Chanel counter testing it out, the consultant did one of my eyes and as soon as I looked in the mirror and saw the difference of my lashes, I fell in love. There is only one con to this mascara and that is that it is not waterproof... On my bottom lashes it will sometimes come off on my skin because of how long they are but honestly that is not a big enough problem to not use this mascara on my top lashes. 

Brows are one of my favorite things about makeup. They are one of the most important thing on the face. It can totally change the way the rest of your face looks with eye makeup especially. My 2 goto product are the Anastasia Brow Wiz in dark brown and then Benefit Gimme Brow in medium/deep to hold the hairs in place. 

It's great that a bold lips is an appropriate thing to wear everyday in the fall but for my everyday makeup I don't always like to wear an actual lipstick. Don't get my wrong, I do love wearing a bold lip stick but not on a day to day basis, so I go for a nice lip tint. There's no worry about smudging or having to worry about high maintenance lipsticks. So I went for the Fresh Sugar Lip Tint in Berry. It's a dark berry color so it's still a fall color. These lip tints are extremely moisturizing and the color is gorgeous and natural looking. Now when I do go for a bold lip I like to go for MAC lipstick in Girl About Town, NARS Audacious lipstick in Anna, or just a ice red lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment